Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Here's to consistency!

This morning I spent some time pondering about various things. I enjoy Sundays because it seems Sundays are the days that I most often get into these pondering moods. Maybe you have the same ones sometimes. Usually when I am in this realm of thought I am completely in the zone.  Something will trigger it, whether it be a quote, a scripture, a thought at church, or maybe even just a random thought that pops into my head.  Whatever the case, that little nugget inside my brain gets dissected and put back together again in so many different ways. Today I'd like to share a portion of my thought process with you, however if it doesn't make sense to you I apologize, this is me on a roll thinking things in my head.

The topic running in and around my mind today was that of consistency. I was sitting there on the couch thinking about everything in my life at the moment. What is consistent in my life? what isn't? what should be? what shouldn't be? what can be?

I started with thinking about things that are not consistent.
One thing is relationships before marriage. It seems relationships will always come and go, friendship bridges are constantly and consistently being built and burned down over and over again. Some of us excel in building bridges while the rest of us are really good at burning them down.  For me, it seems like I'm equally good at them both, but often times a bridge will be built and be fine and dandy just to be left rotting and abandoned some time later. Not burnt or destroyed in anyway, just left alone.

This is just one of a myriad number of inconsistencies that could be observed. The most interesting thing that came across my mind this morning though, is the lack of things that are actually consistent. In fact, I challenge you to find more than I have come up with and let me know your thoughts.

I have come up with a grand total of two things that are consistent. One is change, and the other is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

There is an old saying that goes something to the effect of, "the only thing constant in life is change." How true that is! Just when you seem completely content with your life, when it seems everything seems to be under your control of every aspect therein; it is in these wonderful moments that it is time to buckle up and get ready for a bumpy ride. If life were easy then none of us would be making any mistakes.
Things change so quickly that sometimes it is hard to keep track of what really going on... Look around you and you see millions of people. Each one of those million people have their own lives to live, and more than likely they will each be going in their own direction.
That's a major fork in the road if you know what I mean... I've talked about this before---> Click here to see the blog entry i just mentioned...

Last but certainly not least, The gospel. No matter what day and age you live in, what you are going through, what choices you've made, or any other factors you could imagine, there is ALWAYS solace in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I have come to enjoy my gospel study time more than any other time I could think of. I know that the scriptures are here for us for that very reason. I know that the Prophets who speak to us are truly of God, and the bottom line is, no matter how low I feel, the gospel can never fail to raise my spirits up.

I've babbled on long enough, but I hope you enjoyed my train of thought as much as I had sharing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment