Friday, February 24, 2012

Lindsey, My Wife to be (sappy...)

So.... I didn't do the amish project. I'm thinking about doing it after I'm married. Its too hard to get everything ready without the convenience of social networking. Who knows, maybe I'll do it after I'm married. By then there might only be one person I'd want to talk to anyways right??? haha we'll see...

I've been asked if I would post a blog about how I proposed to her. So, although its really not as spectacular as some of the stories you hear about, I liked how it went down because it was simple. A wise man once said, "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." At least I think that is how it went anyways.

Here we go. So the week we were engaged we had planned to go to the temple to do a session on thursday, and we were going to go on a date that friday. She had kept asking me what we were going to do  on the date, and I kept it a mystery. I was planning on proposing on thursday, but I figured if I didn't say anything about friday night, that she wouldn't expect anything til then. (turns out she wasn't expecting it at all for a couple more weeks)

Well, we go and do our session at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. As we are doing our session, and afterwards when we were in the Celestial Room I was doing my best to remain as cool as possible. (wouldn't want her to suspect anything....) I was doing a great job at keeping my composure up until the time came that we left and it hit me that I would be proposing really soon... It was at this point that I got really nervous. I took a trip to the bathroom so I wouldn't wet myself, then changed, and met her in the lobby.

Once there, I took her bag. Which was really weird because we were going to different cars, and I never take her bag... and instead of going to the parking lot, I suggest we go to the front "because I've never seen the temple at night before." We get to the bench in front where I had decided was the place to drop my knee, and I give her a big hug. Its all romantic and all... just picture it, The temple is glowing with the night sky behind it, the valley below looks beautiful with all the lights, the sky had cleared up and you could see a few stars above, and it was like 10 degrees outside.

So I made the mistake of not taking in account the temperature outside... (my bad...) But what it ended up being like was us two standing there in each others arms. Her with her skirt, and me without a coat and holding her bag. she says, "can we go to the car now?" and I replied "no." (so romantic don't you think???) and we stood there for like ten minutes; just shivering away while I tried to muster up the courage to propose. Finally, after some sappy talk I dropped a knee. I told her that she was the one that I wanted to spend eternity with, presented a CTR ring (yep, I sure did! "choose the rob" kind of thing....), and asked her if she would marry me.

Then she looked at me, and didn't say anything for what seemed like forever... (she said later she was trying to find something smart aleky to say but couldn't think of anything) and then finally said yes! she said yes!!! then I gave her a kiss, and we went to my house and spread the news to all our loved ones. It was a great night.

Lindsey and I will be sealed for time and all eternity in the Oquirrh Mountain temple on the 10th of may. As each day passes I become that much more excited! World, I love this girl. I hope anyone I know and love who hasn't met her yet will get the chance to soon. I am certain you would fall in love with her too!


2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congrats Rob!! So did your fiance go on a mission? That is soo cool you guys can do sessions together! So did you pick out her ring together later? So happy for you! Make sure you tell Hermana Brookie! Unless you want me to cause I probably will anyways haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful story.(It made me cry). I am so happy for both of you.
    Love, Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete