Saturday, November 26, 2011

thanksgiving part 1

So the past few weeks have been pretty interesting. Truth be told, if I filled this entry with all that could or should be said, It would likely be about 3 miles long. So to be brief, I will only discuss a few things. First things first....

I have decided that my days go by so much better when my mornings are as productive as they possibly can be. Lazy days are determined in large part by the mornings that I was a slob, and of course the best days happen when continued from awesome mornings. We are all big fans of awesome days, so it became very apparent to me that my mornings need to consistently rock.

To do this, I had the idea of going to bed earlier so I could wake up earlier. A LOT earlier! My new routine has me waking up at 4:45 every morning, and depending on the day I will either swim, read scriptures, then hit the train for school, or I will skip the swim, study scriptures, then get on the train. It is still a work in progress. My inner clock is all sorts of messed up, and I'm awake when I shouldn't be, and I'm asleep when I need to be busy. But I'm hoping that soon enough I will be on track and on the old man schedule.

In other news, I got to celebrate thanksgiving twice this year. I had a meal with my own family, and I was blessed to be able to eat with part of Lindsey's family as well. Thankfully the two meals were on two different days. I ate with her family on sunday, then on thanksgiving thursday I ate with my own. I will blog about Lindsey's family outing soon enough...

The meal with my family was so great. It was so great to be able to get together with all of my mom's side of the family again. It has honestly been at least a year since we were all together at the same place at the same time. Everyone is busy living their lives in various different spots. The short time we spent together was not enough to get around and really catch up with everyone, however it felt so good knowing that everyone was alive, well, and happy. And of course we were all happy, It was thanksgiving! Its food, food, gratitude, and more food! ha!

The food, although it was a great plus, would eventually turn into a painful minus as well. Not long after our dinner did we find that most of the family that got together to celebrate thanksgiving with dinner also got food poisoning from it as well. Last night and this morning were not very pleasant. Hopefully now the worst is behind us.

Thats about as brief as things could be told for the past couple weeks.
I need to get better at this blog thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment